* My maternal grandfather, Chaim Strauss, served as both the Rabbi and the Cantor for his small Jewish community in Radonsyn, near Tarnow, Poland. Every Spring and Fall, he allowed a band of gypsies to camp on their land, and that’s where my mother learned to read palms, and cards, and to play the violin. Minka came to America at the age of 17. In Chicago, she married a young Polish Catholic real estate broker, Scott Chadwick, and they became business partners. In 1940, my grandparents and two of my aunts died in a concentration camp in Poland.
• I was born in 1944. As a small child, I felt close to God. I spoke to God and He (that was how I thought of Him) answered me. During the High Holy Days, my mother would take me to Temple and would hold me in her lap while the Cantor chanted the prayers in Hebrew. I came to associate a profound spiritual feeling with chanting in a foreign tongue. But organized religion didn’t work for me and I refused to go to Sunday School after the age of 8.
•. When I was 10 years old, I was awakened by the sound of my mother crying. She told us that her brother just died. She dreamed it. A few hours later, her sister-in-law called and told us that her husband died at exactly the time of my mother’s dream.
• When I was 11, my maternal grandfather, Chaim, visited me, in Spirit. He told me details about the house my mother grew up in so that I could confirm with my mother that he had actually appeared to me.
* When I was 12, my 18-year-old brother, my only sibling, moved to Greenwich Village in New York and became a Beatnik. Through my brother, I became interested in Zen Buddhism and at the age of 13, I began meditating.
• When I was 13, Don committed suicide. My mother had shown signs of depression before, but after Don’s death, she became seriously bipolar.
• I graduated high school in Los Angeles in 1960, at the age of 16, and went to Cal Berkeley. That summer I lived alone in a deserted stone house in Big Sur, high up on the ridge, for six weeks. I had been reading Walden Pond by Thoreau, and I wanted to experience doing nothing, as Thoreau described in his book.
• When I was 19, in 1963, I moved to the East Village of New York, and became part of the hippie movement. I continued to hear God speak to me, but now I called it Guidance, the term used by members of Findhorn, a spiritual community in England.
• In 1966, my first son, Kalon, was born. I was 22.
• In 1967, I was one of the founding members of Black Bear Ranch, a commune in Upstate New York. I became an herbalist and I wrote books about natural healing.
• In 1968, I spent a month with the Hopi Indians in Arizona, with “Grandfather” David and Nora Monongye and Thomas Banyacya.
• In 1969, I attended Native American Church Meetings with Little Joe of Tao Pueblo.
• In 1972, my second son, Reuben, was born. I was 28. I also became an acupuncturist.
• In 1976, I received Guidance that I would become a Spiritual Healer. I met Helena Ram and did a series of Guided Meditations that she called Spiritual Journeys, and I met my Spirit Guides. One of these Guides was Dr. Lang, who taught me about the Chakras and about Color Healing.
• A few years later, I experienced my first Past Life Regression, and then, feeling skeptical, I went to the library and was able to validate every detail that I experienced.
• My work with entities began a few years later, when one of my clients mentioned that she was going to have to move because there was bad energy in her house. I felt guided to go to her house and see if I could help. Sure enough, an old woman spoke to me and I was able to gently guide her into the Light and my client was able to stay in her home.
• In 1981, I was living in Santa Cruz, California. My mother had moved there so I could help with my father, who had Alzheimer’s. I was in despair because my mother was going downhill with her depression and she was starting to attack me. I was sitting at my altar and passionately praying for help when my room filled up with pink light and I heard a voice say, “I am the Pink Tara. I come in on the pink ray and I am about Gentle Strength.”
I did not see her but I heard her and I felt her loving presence. She came daily and counseled me about how to be with my mother. She taught me how to use my voice to tone, and I heard my voice makings sounds I never imagined it could make. I knew nothing about the historic Tara, but when I finally read about her, she was exactly as I experienced her.
Since then, many Shamans of various cultures have chosen to come through me and to use my voice to do Shamanic Sounding for my clients.
• By then I was leading people on Spiritual Journeys and Past Life Regressions and I was doing Color Healing and Chakra Balancing and Sound Healing and then I discovered that I could actually speak to the stones and they would speak back, so I was also doing Crystal Healing.
• In 1983, I thought that my teaching was all over the map and had no rhyme or reason. So I locked myself up in my room for three days so as I often did when I needed Guidance, and I fasted and prayed for help. What should I be doing with my life?
I kept hearing the words, Vibrational Healing. Gradually I came to realize that everything I had been doing could be brought under the umbrella of Vibrational Healing. It was a term I had not heard before, but after I came out of my room, I went to a bookstore and there was Richard Gerber’s new book, Vibrational Medicine, in which he described exactly the kind of work that I was doing. I saw this as confirmation, and I established the Vibrational Healing Certification Program.
• In 1988, Color and Crystals—A Journey Through the Chakras was published by The Crossing Press.
• In 1993, The Healing Voice—Toning, Chanting and Singing was published by The Crossing Press.
• In 1998, Pocket Guide to Chakras was published by The Crossing Press.
• In 2005, I participated in a study at North Hawaii Community Hospital in Waimea on the Island of Hawaii, conducted by Jeanne Achterberg, Ph.D., author of Imagery in Healing: Shamanism and Modern Medicine. “Using a state-of-the-art functional MRI, Achterberg demonstrated that intentional sounds and energy sent by Ms. Gardner, at randomly designated times, to a recipient in the MRI, registered definitively at specific centers of the brain.”
• In 2006, Vibrational Healing Through the Chakras with Light, Color, Sound, Crystals and Aromatherapy was published by The Crossing Press.
• In 2006, Aleho (James Lowe) and I channeled a CD called Altered States of Planet Earth. I did Shamanic Sounding while he played didjeridoo.
• In 2011, I produced the Toning the Chakras CD and the Crystals and Aromatherapy DVDs.
• In 2013, I started the RMA Mystery School (for Rejuvenation, Manifestation, & Ascension) and I merged the Vibrational Healing Program with the RMA Mystery School.
• In 2015, I became seriously interested in Breatharianism and I went without food and water for a week, and then continued to go without food for another five weeks.
• In 2015, James Lowe became my beloved partner and he moved to Hawaii from Oregon.
• In 2016, I began Phase 2 of the RMA Mystery School.
You may enjoy reading my 39- page Autobiography, which chronicles how the various healing modalities that I teach and my 15 books grew out of my life experiences.
You can also read my complete Curriculum Vitae.